Thursday, December 23, 2010

Our Little Prayer Warrior

Well, the past ten days have drug on and on since I left Atlanta. I kept busy with work and preparing for Christmas. I have been able to speak with Tim almost daily and perhaps saved myself from posting a lot of gloom and doom over the holidays because his frame of mind was not the usual positive mindset. Medically speaking from what I am told his incision is healing nicely. Two of the three drains have been removed, with the third one coming out on Friday. Staples are scheduled to come out over the weekend, and I believe as of today he can spend 2 hours at a time on his back a couple of times a day. Being face down has taken its toll on him because it is very uncomfortable and painful for him, so that has definately impacted his overall mood.

Two nights ago, God woke me at about midnight and kept me up until about five a.m. At first I became afraid and grabbed my phone expecting a call from the hospital, but after two hours passed with me in prayer and deep thought, a peace came over me and I realized He was trying to speak to me but I was not listening. Over the following three hours God encouraged me and gave me the words I have been searching for to encourage Tim. I honestly have not been able to speak words to him that he can process enough to give him any peace. That night when he called me, I was able to repeat everything God laid on my heart and I could tell he was very receptive to it. This morning he called, and his frame of mind was wonderful. He slept well lastnight, and had a song in his voice that I have not heard in a couple of months. We are both looking forward to our time together beginning Saturday.

Lastnight Landon and I had to run into Lifeway Christian bookstore after I picked him up in the evening. We took our time and that phone call from Tim came just as I got ready to check out so I let Landon speak with him for a while. As I finished up, I looked over and saw the phone wedged in between his cheek and shoulder trying to balance it and he had a pencil writing on a small sheet of paper with a look of intensity on his face. At first I thought Tim was telling him to write something but as he handed the phone to me he continued to write. I watched as he read what he had written and crammed it into a small plexiglass box mounted on the end of one of the aisles. Curious, I strolled over (making sure he had not signed me up for anything crazy)and his small sheet of paper sat alone in the box. I saw a label above it that read, "Prayer Requests." The words printed so neatly in my boy's handwriting said,"Please pray for my daddy. He had sergery and is in the hopspital."
I thanked God right then for such amazing children...and for the amazing spiritual leader that Tim is as their father and my husband. I wish everyone could hear Landon's prayers at night and each morning before he gets out of the van or on the bus. (He will not leave for school or go to sleep until someone prays for him.) He prays for so many...his teacher stricken with Cancer this year, his karate instructor with Leukemia who has had two bone marrow transplants this year, Eminem..that he will change his ways because he just knows he is a good person inside, and for each person that comes to mind. The only thing he asks for is forgiveness for his sins and that he will not have bad dreams. lol

Wishing you all the greatest holiday ever this year as we continue to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ every day, and not just Christmas day. Merry Christmas from The Evatt family.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment