Thursday, February 18, 2010

Light At the End of The Tunnel

Well, five days and counting! This week has been filled with much progress. The original "up in chair" date for Monday was postponed until Tuesday. He got up for the first time for thirty minutes and they have added thirty minutes a day since then, so today I believe it might be one and a half hours. He is tolerating being up well....there is usually a huge blood pressure drop that can occur that will cause him to pass out, but that was not the case, so that was a good thing. We have been concerned about upper body strength loss but he said he could brush his teeth and didn't need a nap afterwards! I will be returning to Atlanta on Sunday. He has been asked to preach at chapel that day so I will accompany him to that. There are a lot of restrictions placed on him in that environment so I am anxious to see what he comes up with....I am sure it will be effective no matter what. The plan is to pack up and head home on Tuesday!!! We are very excited that this phase will be over. It did so much good for Landon to see him on Sunday for Valentine's Day. He sang all the way home, "My daddy's gonna be okay...." Pretty funny.

After we get home there will still be work to be done. His left hand is still very contracted and it will hinder him from driving for a while. Planning for some thick air in the household as I pull absolute rank on him over that one...lol. Tim does wear the pants in the family....I just put them on him. :) He will be up for short periods during the day and will have to be turned every three hours through the night. At least I will have my bed to sleep in rather than the expand-a-rock at the hospital!

I am out of my funk I do believe. Thanks to so many who have called, written, etc as they picked up on my downward spiral last week. I told everyone in the beginning when they asked what they could do to give me a call at week 3....I just know my sanity all too well. Back in the word....prayer coming easily again. Another angel helped me to see I don't need all the answers I am looking for. I just need to trust God. Pretty simple stuff. It's working.

Psalm 139:17-18 and 23-24

"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number thant the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.

Search me, O God, and know my heart, Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting."

Great to know He loves me waking and sleeping, when I am anxious, knowing my every thought even though for some reason I think that they will escape Him. Good news....that goes for you as well!
Be Contagious For Christ!!!
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment