Friday, January 22, 2010

Rollercoaster: Day 3

I entitled these blog posts "RollerCoaster" because that's how it felt to me. Low's because of constantly deteriorating problems and feeling like nobody was listening to me, and high's to watch how God has worked throughout all of this. The thing about this particular roller coaster is....just when the ride is supposed to over...it passes the station and keeps on going all over again! Today it slowed down enough to let me off for the time being. This has been going on for months and I am finally at a place of positive thinking again instead of anger and fear.

Yesterday when people I would run into here at the hospital would ask how the surgery went, I would reply with hesitation.."He had to have the full skin flap." After about the fourth reply of excitement, I had to ask-"WHY IS EVERYONE SO FLIPPIN HAPPY ABOUT THIS!?!!?" I was distraught, angry and although very thankful, still very worried and confused. It was then explained to me this morning that he was having this skin flap no matter what. I missed that memo. Worst case scenerio is they wouldn't have enough muscle and tissue to close it, so it would have to be left open and taken back in in a few weeks-that quite clearly would spell D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R from an infection standpoint. Best case scenerio is they did the flap and were able to close it on the first go around, which is what happened yesterday. God just cracks me up sometimes. I don't ever lose faith...not ever...I'm tough enough to make it through, sometimes I am just impatient for what His purpose is. After the news...I had the best two hours of sleep I have had in weeks!

Psalm 41:1-3 "Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.

Let the restoring begin. It has been a good day.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment